Monday, June 16, 2008

Update from Vegas

Hello Everyone.

Day one at the National Tournament. Boy part of me wants to tell you how many people there are here, because its huge, but part of me wants to tell you its just like every other tournament I've attended back home in Idaho. So I won't tell you about either :P. Hee Hee.

OH I know I'll tell you about how specific the rules are here. Its crazy. So we are split up into 45 different sections and then theres about five people in each section, but they can't just write names in order, no that would be too simple. Instead they give us crazy numbers like U890 and U345. And they expect you to remember it! When its your turn (After you've spent forever looking for your stupid number) you go up to the counter with your number and draw three questions. You have to keep one and lay the other two face down. Now here's the kicker: You have to say in this order your section number, your code number, and the number on the question.
Now try to remember there are 45 of us all trying to do this at the same time. "25, U894, B2" "39, U332, C7" "3, U132, A1" It was really crazy. And if you don't do it that order they have full rights to yell at you. YIKES!

I did four speeches today. Here were my category areas:

1. Education and Issues of Youth
2. American Politics (MY FAVORITE!!)
3. Environment and Sciences
4. The Wars

I did pretty good. I have two more speeches tomorrow, and then I find out if I will go on.

I'm off to bed, giving four speeches is exhausting!

Smiles,
Joyful :)

No comments: